Getting Started Right

Getting Started Right




Ok guys I'm excited that you decided to join. For me personally, this was the best decision I've ever made in my life and I think you've made an awesome decision by getting involved. Not because of anything other than trends. And if there's one thing I've learned over my life, it is wealth is created when the right people get in front of the right trend. You have to really understand that.

Wealth is created when the right people get in front of the right trend at the right time and go for it.

The thing for me is in 2007 I read the book Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki for the first time. And in that book Robert introduced me to the concept of leveraged income.

Leveraged income?

I had never really understood the concept of leveraged income before.

Just like Robert was told as a kid, and just like I am sure you were told, I was sold on the 40 year plan, I was told to go to school. Get good grades. Get a job with a good company. Work for 40 years then retire. I had never been told that there was any other way.

That book led me on a journey to discover exactly what is a better way for an average person like me.

Lori and I looked at a lot of different things. We looked into rental real estate rental and we looked at flipping houses as an option. There were two problems with real estate investing and flipping houses. First of all we didn't have the cash needed. We follow the Dave Ramsey principle of Financial Peace, living with no debt, so leveraging investment real estate using loans was not an option. And secondly I was working 60 to 80 hours per week and just didn't have the time that it would take.

Franchises were out, Franchises can cost anywhere form $10,000 to, in case of a McDonald's franchise, over a million dollars. On top of that when you become a franchise owner, in most cases you just bought yourself a job. Again, no time, no money. And I was looking for a way out of long hours so why would I want to buy myself a job, that's what I was looking to get out of? So I kept looking.

Then in 2009 I came across an audio CD by Robert called The Business of the 21st Century where he introduced a concept where an average person like me could move into the entrepreneurial world. To gain financial and time freedom.

That CD changed my life. It started me on a quest to find a company that could get me the success I wanted. I looked at 3 to 4 dozen different companies over the next four years. I was looking for something that had products that I could stand behind as a pharmacist. I was looking for something that I felt could appeal to the most people. And I was looking for a company that had a leadership team that had a vision and had the experience. I ended up joining 14 different companies before I finally found my home.

All the companies I got involved with were great companies, they had excellent products but I was not there at the right time and I didn't have the right mentor. And ultimately, I did not have any success.

Before I found the right company some other things happened in my life that sidetracked my career in a major way. In 2011 the national chain drug store that I worked for started eliminating older pharmacists and started one by one replacing them with new graduates that had higher degrees and where paying them less money. I should have seen it coming, three weeks before Christmas my life changed drastically. I became one of those statistics. I lost my job.

A few days later I met Dr. Wallach in person for the first time. I had spoken to him over the phone a few times over the previous couple years about health issues some friends and family members were suffering from and he showed me how to resolve those issues without using pharmaceuticals but I had never met him in person.  I got to meet several top income earners from his company that were with him. Andre Vaughn, Dale Johnson, Brandy Brogdon. I also met the company president, Bill Andrioli and I was very impressed with all of them and their message but the time wasn't right for me. I was more concerned with finding another pharmacy job. I just knew that any day I would find another job. I needed the income that being a pharmacist provided and I knew it would take a bit of time to build a business up to that level of income so finding another pharmacist job was top priority.

What I didn't know was the economy had changed drastically and that there was no longer a pharmacist shortage. Instead there was a surplus of pharmacists. In fact it didn't take me a few days, a few weeks or even a few months to find another position. It took me 2 years.

Well, a year into my unemployment I met Dr. Wallach again. He took me to lunch and I told him about my circumstances. After much conversation and with his promise to help me and to connect me with the right people to help get my business off the ground I decided to join him. Once I joined Youngevity I soon found that I had joined the right company at the right time.

For the first time in my life I was in front of a trend. The company, even though they had been in business for 15 years at that point, was starting to build some momentum. Over my first 2 years the company went from a 10 million dollar company to a 100 million dollar company.

I was in the right place at the right time.

I was able to create enough income to keep from losing my home. I built up enough of a team that I was able to earn the car bonus and bought myself a Cadillac CTS, the Dave Ramsey way, without debt.

Same persons, same skills, same mindset that I've always had but because of timing, instead of failing miserably like I had in the 14 other companies, I was able to buy that car and more importantly, save my home. It was because of the timing.

So I just can't stress enough, especially to you guys that maybe just got started. Because it's so cool on the front end, with Dr Wallach's 90 for life message and his story, because of the incredible catalog of hundreds of products that I could stand behind as a pharmacist, because of the leadership team he introduced me to, it gives people with vision an unbelievable opportunity. Dr Wallach's message is so strong on the front end. This front end ultimately creates the back end success.

This is what we're doing. This is what we're about. And again I think you made a great decision by joining us, The number one reason is because of what is called a category creator.

In this industry there's only been a few. A L Williams was one. A L Williams, some of you remember, A L Williams, turned the insurance industry on its ear. Everybody was buying whole life, whole life, whole life and A L Williams introduced his common sense message, buy term and invest the rest. They were on the front of Time Magazine. They just totally turned the insurance industry upside-down.

Excel Communications was another company. Once phone service deregulated, there's a lot of people that did extremely well with Excel communications. And I can give you some other examples but the bottom line is we have products that people are going to be buying every day no matter what.

If you really can wrap your mind around that concept. We have products in nine of the fastest growing categories. It's beyond anything else, any one else is doing. Youngevity is a very very unique concept in the marketplace. If you can't do it here don't ever, ever, ever attempt to do this industry, with any other company, ever.

Again if you can NOT do this, forget it. I don't care if they're selling dollar bills for a penny. Don't do it. I mean just forget it.

See we have to get wrapped around that ourselves. We're not just another deal. my gosh were different and you have to feel that. You have to see that. I feel sorry for people that don't see this. Good people sometimes just don't see it but you have to be willing to tell people, "look, you're totally 100% missing the story here" and we're going to get into more of that as we continue through this training.

So my question is folks, do you want to fail or do you want to succeed?

I tell people, I don't know a lot about a lot of things. I mean, everyone of you, you've got a talent. You've got skills. You've got things that you can do that I don't have a clue about. I mean, my sponsor, Brandy was a cosmetician. She knows all about skin care and makeup. I don't know the first thing about cosmetics. Another one of our leaders, Kelly, she was a winning high school basketball coach. I couldn't coach basketball. I don't know a thing about the fundamentals of that sport.

Many of you know how to play a musical instrument. Maybe you play a piano. Maybe it's the drums? I don't know anything about playing the drums. But I could if I really wanted to. I could probably learn. I mean I tried to play the accordion when I was young. I took several years of lessons and I hated every second of every lesson. The only reason I was doing it was because my mom wanted me to play. I think she had visions of me being on the Lawrence Welk show some day. If you don't know who Lawrence Welk was ask your parents or grandparents.

The point is, I had no desire to do it.

So, what I have seen over the years. After reading dozens of books on human performance and leadership, Thousands of hours of audio cassettes, CD's and videos and really studying this industry.

Throughout this training I will go into more detail each of the eight steps that people have to follow, to be able to create success. I'm going to review with you a few key concepts along with the eight steps. If you can take these key concepts internalized them and if you're brand new, follow these eight steps, you will succeed.

Long term.

It will happen for you.

Might not happen <snap> like that. It didn't happen <snap> like that for me. I mean my first three or four years in this industry I wanted to quit.

Everyday.

I couldn't stand it. People are so, I mean what's wrong with people? Why do they want to work for somebody else when they can have residual income?

You know?

We all go through all that. But the bottom line is I get it. After spending the first part of this year traveling from coast to coast to meet with million dollar income earners. Spending hours upon hours in training programs, Reading dozens of books and attending hours of continuing education. I continuously asked, "What are the six or seven things? What is it that's really going to make a difference? What separates the ones who do it from the ones who don't do it. And what message do brand new people need to hear when they first joined this company? What they need to hear?"

That's why I put this Quick Start training together. For that purpose

Now here's the reality of this business. Fifty percent of the people that join any company, Peak the day they join.

That's the height of their career.

Do you know anybody like that?

That was the height of their career? It's like they make a great business decision and then they just, they just, they lose it. They join and they don't do squat. They don't do a thing. They don't even TRY to do anything.

Then 20% never get plugged in. They never sell themselves on what's going on here. They tried to convince a few friends and family members to join and then they quit. Within 90 days. That's the truth.

So we're talking about seven out of 10 people are duds. If you can't handle that then this industry is not for you. Because I can tell you right now, all the frustration in the world comes because we can not get people to do that what we want them to do. And when I learned that the only persons actions that I can control are my own, everything changed. I don't worry about somebody else. What they can do, what they can't do. It doesn't matter. I don't care. It just doesn't matter.

Don't deal with thumb suckers. You're either going to buy their story or they are going to buy yours.

Now 3% create financial success. 27% get a residual income vision of what's possible. And probably a lot of you right now would probably fall in that category. But the reason people that really never get the vision and they start to understand that they never really get it, is because they never really decide to go for it.

And I'm going to go off track here for a minute but the most common denominator that I have seen in this business, is when people get in and really go for it. I mean just go for it, they are the ones that create in this industry what's called momentum. Momentum is like a freight train. It's absolutely true.

When you listen to people give there testimony and they talk about when they got started. They contacted, this is what they always says, they contacted "everybody I knew." They didn't dilly dally around.

When I first got started in 2013 I decided in January that I was going to enroll 20 people in 30 days. It was constant nonstop going for it because I understood that you have to,

It's like an airplane. Does an airplane get off the ground if you throttle up to 20% power?

What about 50% power?

No it takes 100% full throttle to get that plane off the ground and flying and that's the same thing here. The hardest part is getting it off the ground. And that's the key. I didn't hit my goal of 20 but by the end of that 30 days I had enrolled 18 people and within a couple months that 18 had grown to the point that I achieved the car bonus and was able to save my home.

When you come in you've got to hit it. I mean you've got to go for it. You cannot onesie, twosie this business.

Most people go out and they say,, "well I'm going to talk to three or four people today." And they talk to three or four and they hand out three or four cards. And then they go home and they're just staring at their email. Waiting to see if somebody came to their website. I want to tell you, that's insane.

You can be a smart person but that activity is insane, It will not work in this business.

One of my early mentors, Dale Johnson, may he rest in peace, once told me that when he started he made a commitment that he would not go home each day until he had shown the business presentation to at least 5 people that day. It didn't matter whether they joined or not. he made the commitment that he would get 5 sets of eyes on the business presentation each day. He went on to become a multi million dollar income earner in this business.

You know, people ask me questions about, "well Keith, what percent of the people that go to your website and watched . . ." I don't know. I don't care. I just get as much out there and I know my
phone rings. Every week. Because I have enough people going in the top of the funnel there's going to be few fall out the bottom. And I don't care about the ones that are stuck in the funnel.

Some people have decision constipation. They can't make one.

I mean, it's like, I don't have time to try to . . .

I refuse.

I absolutely refuse.

I'm looking for people that are looking for me. And some people say, "well Keith, I just don't see how you all could have sponsored 18 new people in that 30 day blitz. I've been in ten months. I haven't sponsored 18 in 10 months"...

Because I communicate. I get the story in front of ten to twenty times more people. That's why. If they don't show interest, I will scratch them off of my list. I will call one time.

"I just wanted to check back with you to see if you had an opportunity to check out the website and to see what you liked best about what you saw."

----"Well Keith I haven't had a chance to watch."

"Ok, when will you have a chance? When will be a good time? You tell me, when will be a good time for me to follow up with you?"

----"Well, I probably can see it Saturday afternoon.so why don't you follow up with me Saturday night."

Ok, Saturday night I follow up, "Hey I just want check back with you and see what you liked best about the video."

----"Well Keith, I just still haven't had a chance to watch."

"I'll tell you what. I'm going to go ahead and scratch you off my list for now and I'll get back to you down the road when I have more time."

I'm gone. Now, because I didn't pressure them, I can go back to them in the future. . .

You see, I have a business to build. You have a business to build and see there's this whole thing with network marketers where we're supposed to beg and they're supposed to stiff arm us. You can't play that game. That's not the game.

We've got a trend that is going to be a billion dollars in the next few years. With or without us. We don't have time to sit around trying to get somebody to take a look at the greatest opportunity they're going to see in their lifetime. If you don't beg you can go back.

Do you understand that?

If you don't beg you can always go back. And maybe they'l listen to you better the next time.

So the purpose of this training is to increase your odds for success. I'm not giving tips and ideas. I'm not doing that. I mean I'm not!

My goal is to teach a very specific system. And there's a difference between learning a tip, learning an idea and learning a system. And there's three concepts to internalize along with these eight steps and I'm going to give them to you.

After meeting with all these successful, highly successful people, I could share with you any tip or idea that I want to but instead I'm going to give you the three concepts and the eight steps that I had learned from them that will increase your odds drastically for success.

Now if I do that how many of you will say, "well you know what, maybe I should follow 2 of them."

Its not optional.

You can't follow the ones you like.

Failure is not a matter of not knowing what to do, it's a matter of not doing what you already know to do and I'm going to really lay it all out and I don't want you to take it personal. But I tell you what, after seeing so many people that have so much potential, but they just cannot get on a road and stay on a road.

Just forget everything you think you know and just follow and have a little bit of faith. That's probably the thing that just blows my mind more than anything else that I've seen in this industry and its the one thing that held me back for so long, so many good people, they don't really grasp the fact that it's not them.

It's about what can be duplicated. It's not what they can do. It's about what can be taught and duplicated. This business is not about innovation. It's not about personality. It's about what can be duplicated.

It's a duplication business. If you don't duplicate. You have no team. And only systems can be duplicated.

Look at McDonald's folks. The french fry fryers are always on the left. You understand how profound that is? Why? Because that's the way it can be duplicated.

When I go to Starbucks today they say "welcome to Starbucks. What can we get started for you." If I go to Starbucks in Georgetown they say "welcome to Starbucks. What can we get started for you." If I go to Starbucks in Atlanta they say"welcome to Starbucks. What can we get started for you." In Dallas, go to Starbucks they say "welcome to Starbucks. What can we get started for you."

Can you imagine the power if a network marketing organization operated that way?

If everybody said, "Hey, I just want to check back with you, see if you had the opportunity to watch the video and see what you liked best."

But we don't.

We're all out there doing different things and so the masses come in, . . and you know what everybody is looking for?

The magic foo foo dust. The magic phrase? The magic thing that's going to make my phone ring off the hook with people with their credit cards out, waiting to join me. Begging to join me. What is the magic, what am I missing?

You're not missing anything.

It's just numbers. It's just the process. And everybody thinks their's some kind of magic whatever.

The problem is, and this is another reason I decided to do this. Because there's a lot of people telling you they've got the Magic Fairy Dust, Money Machine Funnel, Do Nothing Get Rich Quick System.

I talked to somebody last week and they spent a bunch of money on some kinda social media course telling people how to do everything with Facebook and Twitter. I want to tell you what, It's not true. I said let me ask you something. Let me ask you one thing. How big of an organization had they built in network marketing?

Well they've never really done network marketing. They're a social media expert.

"Hey Keith, I'm going to take a $500 course on how to be an attraction marker."

To be an attraction marketer you first must be attractive, you have to have something that is attractive to them, so your out. Come on guys. Come on. There's no foo foo dust.

There's reasons people make it in this industry and there's reasons people don't and if you can get plugged in and get on track and just stay on track it's just not that difficult.

If you're brand new and you're getting started, duplication is the issue. And here is the thing. There are eight steps and three concepts and every single person that you bring in can follow these eight steps and three concepts.